SpringerMaterials is the world’s largest and most comprehensive research platform dedicated to information on materials, their properties and uses. It encompasses all volumes of Landolt-Börnstein New Series, the largest and most respected compilation of data in physics and chemistry founded in 1883, along with Linus Pauling Files and specialized databases on thermophysical properties, polymer thermodynamics, adsorption isotherms, and 32,000+ substance profiles.
SpringerMaterials now has a new look and search capabilities. In addition to search by keywords, it can be searched by elements and by structure! Once a set of related documents are found, they can be further narrow down by disciplines, such as electromagnetism, optics, or thermodynamics. Or they can be refined by properties such as adsorption, condensation, phase diagram or structure data and type.
This database is available to all JPLers from within the JPL network. Contact the JPL Library Reference Desk for more information about the Springer Materials database.
Here is an updated list of ebooks related to Mars and Mars exploration.
All ebooks can be downloaded from within the JPL network. JPL subscribed and purchased ebooks are for JPL staff individual uses, and they can not be redistributed to others. If you want to recommend books to your colleagues, please ask them to download from the JPL network, too.
Questions and comments about ebooks or any other resources or services, please contact Library Reference Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call ext 4-4200.
For over 85 years, American Geophysical Union has published books that are relevant to the professional needs of working scientists and to the larger Earth and space science community. JPL Library is happy to announce that we have purchased the electronic book collection from AGU for our scientists and all JPLers. This collection contains more than 600 books published from mid-twentieth century to 2014.
Read the rest of this entry È
Here is a short list of ebooks on creativity and innovation. All ebooks can be downloaded within the JPL network to a computer, then moved to a mobile device for convenient reading. JPL purchased/subscribed ebooks are for JPL employees and contractors individual uses, redistribution is not allowed. If you would like to recommend books to your colleagues, please ask them to download the books themselves.
- Human Factors of a Global Society: A System of Systems Perspective, 2014
- Situated Design Methods, 2014
- Synthetic Aesthetics:Investigating Synthetic Biology’s Designs on Nature, 2014
- War on Learning:Gaining Ground in the Digital University, 2014
- An Aesthesia of Networks:Conjunctive Experience in Art and Technology, 2013
- Collaborative Media:Production, Consumption, and Design Intervention, 2013
- Culture and Trust in Technology-Driven Organizations, 2013
- Leading Open Innovation, 2013
- Designing for Situation Awareness : an Approach to User-Centered Design, 2012
- The More We Know:NBC News, Educational Innovation, and Learning from Failure, 2012
- TransMath: Innovative Solutions from Mathematical Technology, 2012
- Code/Space:Software and Everyday Life, 2011
- Good Faith Collaboration:The Culture of Wikipedia, 2010
- Internet Architecture and Innovation, 2010
- Wired for Innovation:How Information Technology Is Reshaping the Economy, 2010
- Engineering the User Interface, 2009
- Innovation Networks, 2009
- Insourcing Innovation : How to Achieve Competitive Excellence Using TRIZ, 2008
- Design Engineering: A Manual for Enhanced Creativity, 2007
- Design Science Research Methods and Patterns : Innovating Information and Communication Technology, 2007
- Cornucopia Limited : Design and Dissent on the Internet, 2007
- CODE:Collaborative Ownership and the Digital Economy, 2005
- Digital Mantras:The Languages of Abstract and Virtual Worlds, 1995