January 26th, 2016
What is the difference between “search” and “research”? Watch this short video from IEEE Xplore for a quick overview.
JPL Library staff are available for more in-depth consultation and literature search service. Contact us either through email, email@example.com, or call extension 4-4200 to set up a search request or a tutorial. You can also leave your comments about this video or other library resources and services below.
January 21st, 2016
Here is the link to the peer-reviewed paper announcing the evidence for a new planet within our solar system:
“Evidence for a Distant Giant Planet in the Solar System.” Konstantin Batygin and Michael E. Brown 2016 The Astronomical Journal 151 22. Published on January 20, 2016
January 14th, 2016
- Anigrafs:Experiments in Cooperative Cognitive Architecture, 2015
- Artificial Intelligence Tools: Decision Support Systems in Condition Monitoring and Diagnosis, 2015
- Technological Singularity, 2015
- Artificial Cognitive Systems:A Primer, 2014
- Artificial Intelligence Techniques for Rational Decision Making, 2014
- Frequent Pattern Mining, 2014
- Natural and Artificial Reasoning: An Exploration of Modeling Human Thinking, 2014
- Personality Capture and Emulation, 2014
- Recommender Systems for Technology Enhanced Learning, 2014
- Autonomic Computing: Principles, Design and Implementation, 2013
- Deductive Spreadsheet, 2013
- Morphogenetic Engineering: Toward Programmable Complex System, 2013
- Semantic Analysis and Understanding of Human Behavior in Video Streaming, 2013
- Semantic Mashups, 2013
- Your Virtual Butler: The Making-of, 2013
JPL Library has an extensive collection of ebooks on computer science, robotics, artificial intelligence, machine learning and related topics. This is a short list of sample titles on the various facets related to AI. Library staff is available to compile and recommend customized selection on more specific aspects or topics.
All ebooks can be accessed and downloaded from within the JPL network. Our licenses with the publishers prevent further re-distribution, so if you would like to recommend your colleagues to read any of the ebooks, please ask them to download a copy themselves. For questions and comments, please contact the JPL Library Reference Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org, ext 4-4200, or leave a comment here.
January 12th, 2016
Here is a list of handbooks useful for mechanical engineers. Click on the title, then search within each book for specific topics.
- Design Engineer’s Reference Guide: Mathematics, Mechanics, and Thermodynamics, 2014
- The John Zink Hamworthy Combustion Handbook, Second Edition: Volume 3 – Applications, 2014
- Heat Exchanger Design Handbook, 2013
- The Design Engineer’s Handbook, 2012
- Industrial Electronics Handbook, Second Edition – Five Volume Set, 2011
- Handbook of Optofluidics, 2010
- Boilers for Power and Process, 2009
- Foundation Engineering Handbook, 2006
- CRC Handbook of Mechanical Engineering, 2004
- The MEMS Handbook, 2002