Did you know that the JPL Library’s subscription to the Nature Magazine online include more than just the journal? Here are some highlights and recent updates related to the physical sciences.
- Online video archive: For selected articles and letters Nature presents streaming videos featuring interviews with scientists behind the research and analysis from Nature editors. A few examples videos include: A Virtual Universe, The Fireball on Film, Supervolcanoes on Mars, etc.
- Nature Podcast: Each week Nature publishes a free audio show. Every show features highlighted content from the week’s edition of Nature including interviews with the people behind the science, and in-depth commentary and analysis from journalists covering science around the world.
- Nature Nanotechnology Focus: special issue on Graphene applications include free selected articles for a limited time.
- Nature Milestones: Christallography: This special issue is a collaboration from Nature, Nature Materials, Nature Nanotechnology and Nature Structural & Molecular Biology, and celebrates the International Year of Crystallography 2014.
- Nature Materials Focus on Perovskite Photovoltaics : The rapid efficiency increase of solar cells based on perovskites makes these materials promising contenders for cheap solar energy harvesting devices. This focus issue highlights the performance improvements of perovskite photovoltaics, and discusses some of the challenges to bring these devices to the market.
JPL Library staff are available for consultation and literature search/review services. To make arrangement, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Reference Desk at ext 4-4200.