January 26th, 2016
What is the difference between “search” and “research”? Watch this short video from IEEE Xplore for a quick overview.
JPL Library staff are available for more in-depth consultation and literature search service. Contact us either through email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or call extension 4-4200 to set up a search request or a tutorial. You can also leave your comments about this video or other library resources and services below.
January 21st, 2016
Here is the link to the peer-reviewed paper announcing the evidence for a new planet within our solar system:
“Evidence for a Distant Giant Planet in the Solar System.” Konstantin Batygin and Michael E. Brown 2016 The Astronomical Journal 151 22. Published on January 20, 2016
January 14th, 2016
- Anigrafs:Experiments in Cooperative Cognitive Architecture, 2015
- Artificial Intelligence Tools: Decision Support Systems in Condition Monitoring and Diagnosis, 2015
- Technological Singularity, 2015
- Artificial Cognitive Systems:A Primer, 2014
- Artificial Intelligence Techniques for Rational Decision Making, 2014
- Frequent Pattern Mining, 2014
- Natural and Artificial Reasoning: An Exploration of Modeling Human Thinking, 2014
- Personality Capture and Emulation, 2014
- Recommender Systems for Technology Enhanced Learning, 2014
- Autonomic Computing: Principles, Design and Implementation, 2013
- Deductive Spreadsheet, 2013
- Morphogenetic Engineering: Toward Programmable Complex System, 2013
- Semantic Analysis and Understanding of Human Behavior in Video Streaming, 2013
- Semantic Mashups, 2013
- Your Virtual Butler: The Making-of, 2013
JPL Library has an extensive collection of ebooks on computer science, robotics, artificial intelligence, machine learning and related topics. This is a short list of sample titles on the various facets related to AI. Library staff is available to compile and recommend customized selection on more specific aspects or topics.
All ebooks can be accessed and downloaded from within the JPL network. Our licenses with the publishers prevent further re-distribution, so if you would like to recommend your colleagues to read any of the ebooks, please ask them to download a copy themselves. For questions and comments, please contact the JPL Library Reference Desk at email@example.com, ext 4-4200, or leave a comment here.
January 12th, 2016
Here is a list of handbooks useful for mechanical engineers. Click on the title, then search within each book for specific topics.
- Design Engineer’s Reference Guide: Mathematics, Mechanics, and Thermodynamics, 2014
- The John Zink Hamworthy Combustion Handbook, Second Edition: Volume 3 – Applications, 2014
- Heat Exchanger Design Handbook, 2013
- The Design Engineer’s Handbook, 2012
- Industrial Electronics Handbook, Second Edition – Five Volume Set, 2011
- Handbook of Optofluidics, 2010
- Boilers for Power and Process, 2009
- Foundation Engineering Handbook, 2006
- CRC Handbook of Mechanical Engineering, 2004
- The MEMS Handbook, 2002
January 14th, 2016
JPL Stories Presents:
What does the JPL Director really do? Reflections on the last 15 years
Presented by: Dr. Charles Elachi, JPL Director
NEW DATE Wednesday, April 27, 2016, 4:00-5:00 PM
@ the HUB, Building 111-104
The last fifteen years has be en a golden
age for space exploration. JPL launched
more than 20 missions and presently
operates 19 JPL missions. The outlook
for the next decade is even more exciting
and challenging. How did all of this happen?
Come get the inside scoop.
The JPL Stories program, sponsored by the Library, Archives, and Records Section, celebrates the Lab’s unique environment and history, and provides an informal way for JPLers to share their stories with each other. For more information about the JPL Stories series, if you have a JPL story to tell, or if you have suggestions for future stories, contact Teresa Bailey, x49233.
January 4th, 2016
The OCIO/LMIT has set up various dates and times to provide assistance to upgrade Mac O/S through out January. This is by appointment, please contact 4-HELP (ext 4-4357) for more information.
January 4th, 2016
Happy New Year! The first Desk Copy Exchange for 2016 is scheduled for January 28th and 29th, from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm at the Hub on each day.
The JPL Library receives returned “desk copies” and occasional book donations from employees. After adding the appropriate ones to the library’s collection, there are duplicate copies and slightly out-of-scope books remaining. The “Desk Copy Exchange” is for all JPLers; come take a look and provide a new home to the books so that they are useful again!
There are books on sciences, engineering, business management, and computer applications. The Exchange will be held on January 28th and 29th, between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm, or until all these books find new homes, whichever first.
December 21st, 2015
Join the Office of the CIO and the Mission Systems and Operations Division (39) for LEAP Cloud Days, featuring interaction with several industry-leading and JPL-leading cloud experts. Learn best practices and techniques, experience the insights of cloud innovators currently on the cloud’s cutting edge, and participate in hands-on interactive sessions applying the principles, concepts, and cloud infrastructure technologies.
The Hub is one of the venues for the LEAP Cloud Day.
Check the LEAP Cloud Day web site for more details.