January 14th, 2016
- Anigrafs:Experiments in Cooperative Cognitive Architecture, 2015
- Artificial Intelligence Tools: Decision Support Systems in Condition Monitoring and Diagnosis, 2015
- Technological Singularity, 2015
- Artificial Cognitive Systems:A Primer, 2014
- Artificial Intelligence Techniques for Rational Decision Making, 2014
- Frequent Pattern Mining, 2014
- Natural and Artificial Reasoning: An Exploration of Modeling Human Thinking, 2014
- Personality Capture and Emulation, 2014
- Recommender Systems for Technology Enhanced Learning, 2014
- Autonomic Computing: Principles, Design and Implementation, 2013
- Deductive Spreadsheet, 2013
- Morphogenetic Engineering: Toward Programmable Complex System, 2013
- Semantic Analysis and Understanding of Human Behavior in Video Streaming, 2013
- Semantic Mashups, 2013
- Your Virtual Butler: The Making-of, 2013
JPL Library has an extensive collection of ebooks on computer science, robotics, artificial intelligence, machine learning and related topics. This is a short list of sample titles on the various facets related to AI. Library staff is available to compile and recommend customized selection on more specific aspects or topics.
All ebooks can be accessed and downloaded from within the JPL network. Our licenses with the publishers prevent further re-distribution, so if you would like to recommend your colleagues to read any of the ebooks, please ask them to download a copy themselves. For questions and comments, please contact the JPL Library Reference Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org, ext 4-4200, or leave a comment here.
January 12th, 2016
Here is a list of handbooks useful for mechanical engineers. Click on the title, then search within each book for specific topics.
- Design Engineer’s Reference Guide: Mathematics, Mechanics, and Thermodynamics, 2014
- The John Zink Hamworthy Combustion Handbook, Second Edition: Volume 3 – Applications, 2014
- Heat Exchanger Design Handbook, 2013
- The Design Engineer’s Handbook, 2012
- Industrial Electronics Handbook, Second Edition – Five Volume Set, 2011
- Handbook of Optofluidics, 2010
- Boilers for Power and Process, 2009
- Foundation Engineering Handbook, 2006
- CRC Handbook of Mechanical Engineering, 2004
- The MEMS Handbook, 2002
January 11th, 2016
Following is a short list of new journals relevant to JPL work. Some of them are new journals from publishers, and some of them are existing journals that we just add to our subscriptions this year.
New journals from publishers:
- Science Robotics: The publisher for Science Magazine, AAAS, is adding a new peer-reviewed journal on advances in complex engineered systems for exploration and intervention in environments as diverse as the body, the factory, land, air, sea, and space. It is scheduled to begin in Mid 2016. Check out the AAAS announcement for more details and call for papers.
- The Open Journal for Astrophysics: leveraging on the arXiv community and repository, the “organizers” for this journal consider it a peer-review platform instead of the traditional journal. Read the blog post to find out how it works.
- The ReScience Journal: a brand new journal for computational science with a unique focus and publishing model. This journal lives on GitHub where each new implementation of a computational study is made available together with comments, explanations and tests. Each submission takes the form of a pull request that is publicly reviewed and tested in order to guarantee that any researcher can re-use it. If you ever replicated computational results from the literature in your research, ReScience is the perfect place to publish your new implementation.
- Nature Reviews Materials: this new journal aims to cover the making, measuring, modelling and manufacturing of materials – thus, looking at materials science throughout the pipeline of laboratory discovery to functional device. Its goal is to provide timely and authoritative reviews and perspectives for material scientists, chemists, physicists and engineers.
- Nature Energy: First issue begins in January 2016, Nature Energy focuses on all aspects related to energy and the modern society, from generation, storage, distribution and management, to the needs and demands of the different actors and impact to society and policies. Take a look at the sample issue.
Additions to JPL Library collection:
All journals are accessible from within the JPL Network. Articles can be downloaded and transferred to mobile devices for offline reading. In order to comply with the license agreements with publishers, if you would like to recommend articles to your colleagues, please ask them to download the articles themselves. You can forward the URL, but please do not to email or redistribute your copy.
For more information about ejournals, please contact the Library Reference Desk at email@example.com or call ext 4-4200. Comments and discussions about the relevance and usefulness of any of the above journals are welcome, please leave the comments below.
January 4th, 2016
The Records Management Group announces a brand new Web interface for eDIMS (Electronic Document Information Management System), available at http://edims.jpl.nasa.gov. eDIMS allows you to search its centralized registry of JPL’s internal documents and publications from the 1950s to the present.
The new interface provides both a simple and advanced search capability, access to record details and, for authenticated and authorized users, access to associated files. In addition, project repository custodians needing “D” numbers or other record identifiers can request number assignments by submitting a request through the interface.
For more information, contact the Records Management Group at firstname.lastname@example.org.