SETTING UP YOUR LIBRARY ACCOUNT PASSWORD
NOTE: You must set up a library account at the Circulation Desk prior to setting up online access.
Our library catalog does not connect to the JPL LDAP so you will need to set up a library account password to begin.
- At the login screen, click on “Set/reset password”.
- Type in your BADGE NUMBER. An email to set your password will be sent to your JPL email or personal email you provided at registration.
- Click on the link in the email and use your BADGE NUMBER when prompted for a User Name.
- Set your password to begin using the online account management.
Problems setting up your account? Contact Marlon Hernandez at x4-9258.
You can renew library items or check your account status at any time by clicking Renew Items on the left-hand side of the library website or you can go directly to the library catalog and select “JPL Library Account Sign In” in the upper right hand corner.
On the new page:
- Log in with your BADGE NUMBER and library password. Unsure what your library password is? See SETTING UP LIBRARY ACCOUNT PASSWORD above.
- In your “Checkouts” tab, find the title you need to renew and click on “Renew”.
- Provided there are no library holds and you have not exceed the 5 online renewal limit, a new due date will be generated.
If an item is currently checked out, you can place a hold via the blue Request Item Through BEACON Express button. Library staff will contact you once the item is available again.
If this is your first time logging in, a short registration page will appear. More information about BEACON Express.
If the JPL Library does not carry an item you need:
- Switch search scope from “Jet Propulsion Laboratory” to “Libraries Worldwide” in the drop-down menu below the search bar.
- Run the search again to find items held by other libraries.
- Click on the book title.
- Click on the blue request button.